http://www.newpointcomfort.com/Graphics/story_i_gifs/hur2.gif
http://www.newpointcomfort.com/Graphics/story_i_gifs/hur2.gif

Friday, July 2, 2010

Treacherous Flooding

I woke up at 6:30 expecting to hear down pour of rain but i didn't hear it. So the 1st thing i did was turning on the TV channel 11. I sat there while i started my laptop & checking my e-mail & facebook at the same time listening to the news to see if there are any flooded roads. To my surprise there wasn't even one street that was flooded!! (But later in the day i will find out that there was city-wide flooding!OMG) So it started to pour so i ran to my room & got dressed & got everything ready & right when i was going to the car & i unlocked the car i heard a thunder then the next moment i know its pouring down & im getting wet & i got in & the wind was blowing in to the car so i was getting even more wet OMG!!!  It was hard to see cause the rain was pouring down so hard that it was like white sheets of rain!!! Im thinking ok i can deal with this but i had to get on the overpass & it was pouring down like that!!!! I didn't think i could drive in that kind of weather but i remembered that i drove in worse weather conditions!!! SO i got to work & through the day the sky was getting dark & darker then it poured down for hours off & on!!! Then at lunch i heard something that we were going to get off early! So i walked to my co-worker's desk & asked her & she told me that we were getting off at 3pm cause of the severe weather. Then i returned to my desk & continued what i was doing before lunch. Then all sudden i heard my cell phone ringing! i usually don't answer it cause of the cams in the office BUT since of the severe weather i answered it. It was my mom. She told me that our street was flooded & the neighborhood as well! &  me to see if i could get off work a little bit earlier then when they originally going to let us off! SO i talked to my boss & she understood & allowed me to get a early start! so i rushed to my desk & of course i had papers everywhere & i still had to shut down my computer . SO i did it very fast. I started to drive home it as all fine & there were periods of time when driving home that had fast down pours real heavy ones.! I was able to get to 59 & on 59 with no problems & got off fine. Then when i got into my city i put on my emgeremy lights & i was looking at the drains & they were all gonna over flow!!!! I turned down the street that i always do when i come home everyday. I saw that down the road a truck with orange light & the part of the road i as driving down was flooded so they redirected us on the other side of the road. Then i was trying to see if the other cars where going down the road instead of turning around but to my luck i was totally wrong so i turned around & try another way to get into my area . I got in & i was almost & i was coming to this intersection & noticed that it was flooded i started getting nervous cause i got in deep water in the past & the engine light came on. Anyways so when it was my turn i drove in the middle of the intersection then i was home free but when i can to my street i was prayin that the street wasn't flooded & to my surprise it wasn't!!! It was real crazy day!

Lu

0 comments: